That got me thinking about MY favorite things. It's kind of a hard list to make. I think it will have to be an ongoing list, as I am sure I will want to add to it.
So far, I have:
1. The feel of a book in my hands. I'm not ready for these e-books. I like holding a book. Also? I love the smell of old books. They smell like history.
2. That delicious smell after a summer rain. Everything smells so clean and fresh.
3. R's laugh. She has this wonderful belly laugh. It lights up her whole face.
4. S's dimple. It makes him look a little mischevious, but oh so cute!
5. J's eyes. His eyes are this odd green/yellow colour. Depending on what he wears, they change colours.
6. When Ani and I are out in public (bar, restaurant, friend's house, wherever), I love when he touches me on the shoulder or the back. It's like an acknowledgement that he is there and that I am his.
7. Taking a picture that turns out perfect. The lighting is just right, the focus is perfect and the subject is just right.
8. An ice cold drink on a really hot day.
9. Meeting a new person and feeling like you have been friends for years. It doesn't happen often, but what a gift when it does.
10. Getting in a groove, whether it's knitting, yard work, scrapbooking, playing the piano, sewing, whatever.
11. Ani's arms around me when we are in bed. I love waking up in the middle of the night, and his arm is around my stomach, holding me close to him.